Prayer changes things! Here is how you can experience God's power in prayer.
Jesus said, "Whatsoever things you ask, when you pray, believe that you have received them, and they shall be granted unto you."
How can we know that God hears and answers our prayers? Here are 5 keys.
- Be sure that you are a child of God. Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord? If so, you are a child of God -- and God loves to hear and answer the prayers of His children!
- Ask according to God's will. You can know God's will by reading His Word and by listening to Him. Spend time with God and ask Him to lead you!
- Listen to God! Too often we just ask God for things, but prayer should be a conversation with God. In any human conversation, if one person does all the talking, it is one-sided. Take time to listen to God in the stillness.
- Ask in faith! The promises of God are in response to faith. We cannot even have true faith apart from God, so ask God to help you believe in faith by the power of the Holy Spirit!
- Persist. God honors persistent prayer. Jesus taught about the unjust judge who heard the persistent cries of the widow; and God is not unjust He is just and loving! We need to wait on God and don't give up!
You can experience God's power in prayer -- and it can change your life!