I am a worrier by nature. I have always been a worrier and try as I hard as I can I have not been able to completely overcome this tendency. I have found, however, when I am worrying about life and all the stresses that come with it, that I need to turn to Jesus. I have a few verses that I come back to during these times that help me to remember that my God is BIG, GOOD and HE is in charge-HE holds my life in HIS hands.
Here are 6 verses to memorize that can help YOU overcome worry:
1. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
2. "When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul." Psalm 94:19
3. "And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?" Matthew 6:27
4. “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:34
5. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28
6. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6