On this earth, we use the word “love” in many ways. We may say we love our wives or husbands; we love to eat; we love our country.
In the Bible, it talks about 3 kinds of love. There is eros or romantic love. There is phileo or love for a friend. And there is agape, which is God’s love.
In the Bible, there is a wonderful description of the love of God in the book of 1 Corinthians, the 13th chapter. 1 Corinthians 13 tells us that:
- Love is patient
- Love is kind
- Love is not jealous
- Love does not brag
- Love is not arrogant
- Love does not act unbecomingly
- Love does not seek its own
- Love is not provoked
- Love does not take into account a wrong suffered
- Love does not rejoice in unrighteousness
- Love rejoices with the truth
- Love bears all things
- Love believes all things
- Love hopes all things
- Love endures all things
- Love never fails
Isn’t the love of God wonderful?!